Create your own holiday. Add places to stay, places to visit, special things to do, festivals to see, beach resort to visit and then site back and relax until we discuss with you and organise everything for your.
from £2339 per person, 7 Nights Package on Full Board Basis
Mahoora Safari Camp Yala - Introduction
If it’s the ultimate camping safari experience you’re looking for in the utmost comfort, Mahoora camping is the choice for you. Mahoora Safari Camps at Yala National Park caters for most visitors by providing two comfort tent categories to choose from: Standard or Luxury.
Mahoora means 'the great one' and it was used by the ancient Veddah tribe, the earliest known inhabitants of Sri Lanka who stills lives in small numbers in certain rural parts of Sri Lanka. Mahoora Safari Camp at Yala National Park provides luxury camping experience fit for 'the great one' with indigenous touch and real wilderness.
Spending morning, day and night in the heart of a National Park in the midst of wildlife is a magnificent experience. You will feel your mind drift out into the wondrous nature that surrounds you, gaze at the million of stars, listen to the occasional sound of elephants, splashing water in rivers close by and the sounds of the nocturnal creatures around.
At night the campsite is lit with candles, lanterns, and campfire. A Chef will serve you a five-course meal or a BBQ. Those who take the luxury package can enjoy the unlimited alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages that are served out of a well-stocked bar.
7 Nights at Mahoora Safari Camp Yala, Tissamaharama, Sri Lanka. from £2339 pp on Full Board Basis
Our Package Includes:
• Return Air Fares & airport transfers
• Air Conditioned Vehical for all transfers
• Meal Plan – Full Board Basis
• Comfortable Standard Tent (Single/Double/Twin/Triple)
• All United Kingdom and Local Government tax
• All United Kingdom and Local Airport and Passenger Taxes
• Service of local representative 24 hours, 7 Days a week
• Full ATOL for your holiday
Package prices are per person based on two people sharing a room | Prices may vary if your holiday overlaps the date bands.
for instance availability & reservations please call us on +94 112 714903
Why not upgrade your stay in Sri Lanka – click on upgrade options, or to upgrade your holiday to an elegant stay. Click here to get an instant quote.
Mahoora Safari Camp is located in the vicinity of Yala National Park in Yala on the south coast of Sri Lanka. Mahoora Safari Camps are now also available in the vicinity of several other national parks, including Udawalawe National Park, Wilpattu National Park, Wasgamuwa National Park, Bundala National Park, Gal Oya National Park, Sinharaja Rain Forest, Knuckles and Horton Plains and Dambana Veddah Village. Some may only be available on request.
In the evening, Mahoora Safari Camp is lit up by a roaring campfire and copra torches and guest can enjoy a mouth watering menu of food and beverages. The Safari Camp provide either a basic Ala - cart menu or generous five course fine dining experience or mouth watering BBQ depending on the type of comfort category you have selected. If you wish, the chef will also provide you with a localized signature dish or rustle up a meal of your choice.
Those who take the luxury package can enjoy the unlimited alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages that are served out of a well-stocked bar.
Laptop and digital camera charging facilities are available.
Guests are provided with an umbrella, slippers and a fresh fruit basket on arrival.
At the camp sites, security of the clients is considered as a paramount importance and the attentive staff ensures this aspect is high on their agenda. In addition, campsite deploys Wild Life Department trackers on duty at the site. Also the staff on the site are well trained and equipped to deal with any medical emergency concerning first aid and a first aid kit is always at hand, whether it is at the campsite or during Safaris.
Each campsite has a Mahoora Naturalist - The presence of a qualified Naturalist at each campsite further ensures that the guests are provided with detailed knowledge about the environment & everything from mammals to trees, flowers, birds, butterflies, reptiles, amphibians, insects, etc.
Room Types and Facilities Summary
Mahoora Safari Camp at Yala National Park offers one-night stays in the parks unlike other camping providers. But a two-day or more stay inside the parks is highly recommended for enjoyment and relaxation.
In our Mahoora standard camping programmes, guests are provided with all the necessary comforts and services to make the whole experience completely 'hassle-free'. Comfortable mattresses and pillows, bed linen, towels, torches/flash-lights, umbrellas and are just some of the little touches that make your camping experience extra special. The whole campsite is set up and ready prior to the guests' arrival so all you have to do is sit back and relax.
Comfortable dining arrangements are in place and a basic Ala - cart menu is served. Special requests from clients such as celebrations of Birthdays & Anniversaries are also catered for if you mention in advance. Romantic candlelit dinner is also possible for honeymooners.
Ample stock of beverages - alcoholic, soft and mineral water would be available for purchase at the site. Wines too could be made available on prior request. Chilled beverages will be made available during Safaris.
Unlimited safari time also provided.
In the luxury tents you are treated like 'the great one'. The tastefully decorated tents comprises of the following:
1. The whole tent including the washroom is equipped with a wall-to-wall carpet of high quality.
2. Two very comfortable foldable arm chairs with a Coffee table are placed in the Living Room, which also has a baggage rack in addition to a candle stand and a floor cushion.
3. Two comfortable beds with 6" mattresses, with Linen takes centre stage in the Bed Room, which also has a bedside stool, a fresh fruit basket, a beautiful candle holder, a clothes rack as well as a secure place to place your valuables. The tent is recommended as a twin sharing unit, however can be comfortably converted to triple-sharing basis in the event there is a child under 12 years.
4. Decorated candles are placed at various locations for the guest’s convenience and also add to the splendour of the setting.
5. A flushable toilet with commode, shower with hot/cold water and a stand with a wash basin and a mirror are installed.
6. Fine dining experience through a romantic candlelight 5-course fine dining or a fun filled BBQ around a campfire with a chef in attendance.
7. Also, included in the package are all local beverages, served out of a well stocked bar.
8. Guests are given an immaculate service.
Direct Flight supplement on SriLankan Airlines from £19 per Person